November 30, 2013
November 28, 2013
5 steps to take care of your suit
November 21, 2013
About Dress Belts (Straps)
November 13, 2013
• The three belt colors or tones that must not lack from your wardrobe are black, brown, and cinnamon brown. They're the most easily matchable with any situation and color of suit. There are some belts that fall out of line (like purple, green, etc) but they should only be used with a specific look, but let's be frank, not everyone can pull them off.
• If the belt is made of leather, the shoes have to be made of leather as well. There are people with highly trained eyes and they could detect if the belt is synthetic, which does not look good, especially in the way it can start to peel, wrinkle, or deform with use.
• The same relationship with colors and tonalities, if we employ a dark brown belt, the shoes should be ocher brown.
• The color of the belt highlights the outfit as a set, avoid worn or discolored belts. The belts, same as the suits or shoes are not eternal. And the ones that do remain after many years of use, are fitted and expensive.
• Strive for belt buckles that have classic designs and are the least extravagant, also the size must adjust to the width of your belt as to not exceed itself so it isn't out of tune with the elegant aspect that you are projecting. Because of this it is not recommended, the use of big buckles with slim fit suits.
Consider these simple recommendations and you will see that even when buying a belt, you will not only focus on the price. The instant specialization of how to dress can be interesting and fun.
Impress with your appearance at an important dinner
November 9, 2013
How to look taller when wearing dress clothes
November 6, 2013
When it comes to dressing for a special occasion, it is not necessary to indicate that everything will translate in a thorough care in the election of the suit, the dress shirt, the tie, the cufflinks for the dress shirt, and in the case of the most demanding, the socks (because at some postures, the socks will show).
In this context, the always restless mind (sometimes playing tricks) could trigger us to think in hiding the lack of components, or in ameliorating what we already have available since children when our genetic material stopped intruding what type of men (physically speaking) we would turn out to be. But there are some individuals that are wider than being tall, others that are thinner compared to others that almost have no chest, and some of them that almost need to stand with the tip of their feet to grab the products in the tall shelves at the supermarket. Considering the latter, MASSIMO FERRIS comments the following: What can you do to look taller? The same way that it occurs with women and heels, maybe the spectrum, maybe the idea that we are a bit taller can provide security and confidence. Also, a more “proportionate look” in which “everything is at its place” by wearing a style that improves and dissimulates, and not a style that only allows us to look good in front of the public in that important meeting.
What is the key? The answer is to achieve the so-called “vertical effect.” How to obtain the vertical effect? The following suggestions can be of great help:
- Wear pants and a dress jacket, and if they are not of the same colors, they have to be of congruent colors, similar, with difference in the color intensity; wear pants with a solid color and a dress jacket of another solid color can “fragment in two” visually on our body. This can make the proportion between the torso and legs more evident, turning it into an improper style in case we have short legs.
- The pants should be worn at the waist in order to show that the legs can look longer and the torso shorter (which would take us to use a fitted jacket and not an excessively long one).
- Be careful when wearing striped garments. It is recommended to wear them either in the jacket or in the dress shirt, but never on both.
- The extension of the jacket must be the same as the sleeves (the slim fit garments generally have this characteristic).
- Wear shoes with round tips (not square tips), but definitely forget of the tall soles (we must give the effect of being taller, but not necessarily showing that we want to looks taller).
- Avoid the horizontal lines in the case of t-shirts and sweaters (especially if we are overweight).
Considering this, we assure you that you will achieve the desired effect. And of course, never forget the attitude, and the good taste. In other words, do not forget that MASSIMO FERRIS will always be with you at the moment of having to decide when it comes to style. Therefore, we present this STYLE MANUAL.
How to look good for a job interview
November 4, 2013
This is why we are proposing with an intention of being useful and taking part in the success of a care aspect of our clients in moments of such relevance, a guide that will turn one of the most difficult topics of these processes (the choice of dressing!) into a much more simple and fun process.
1. It is necessary to know the dress code of the company of which we are being interviewed for, find out what type of outfit to use (or measure it based on the sector to which the company belongs to) and even, sometimes, the companies dictate policies about the personnel’s outfit.
2. If the company belongs to the industrial sector, financial, legal, or to the state, it is advised to use the combination of a suit with sober colors, a flat dress shirt, and a dress tie that contrasts with the dress shirt.
3. If the company focuses in the creative or audiovisual area, a more relaxed dress code can be used, but always watching the harmony of the tones. In these type of companies, the interviewee can wear drill pants or jeans with a solid color, ALWAYS with a blazer or a dress jacket, and shoes matching the belt’s color tone.
4. The accessories that will be carried have to behave in an organized and professional manner. Avoid backpacks, messenger bags, bags made of recycled materials or manila folders. It is suggested to use the executive suitcases, vinyl/leather portfolios to present documents such as resumes, certificates, etc.
5. The garments must be thoroughly ironed, and the shoes fully shined. Not taking care of these aspects can send the sensation of carelessness or neglect when it comes to details.
6. Avoid extremely extravagant looks, since instead of expressing originality or a lot of personality, it can generate an exaggerated mood to draw attention.
7. Avoid making comments such as “I do not usually wear dress shirts with long sleeves,” “It is too hot, and the tie is not helping,” or comments of the sort. It must not be understood that you are not used to wear formal attire and outfits.
8. During the interview, observe every other time what we do with our hands. Never pull the tie or shake up the suit in a fit of torpor. Try keeping them on the table.
9. In case of excessive sweating, do not hesitate to get a handkerchief (clean, white color in preference) to the forehead and apply, do not rub.
10. Lastly, it is not advisable to be too friendly with the interviewer. Instead, keep a disinhibited and cordial attitude towards him or her.
And that’s it! These are very simple and easy to remember recommendations. In all, everything consists in a previous preparation as if getting prepared for an exam. Therefore, a personal interview can be the most decisive test to many, and there is not an exact formula to obtain a perfect score, but it can be used to always pass the test.